The National Erasmus+ Office (NEO) in Libya is aims to assists the Commission, the EACEA and the Partner Country authorities concerned in the implementation of the Erasmus+ Programme. The NEO follows closely the policy developments in the Partner Country, particularly in the field of higher education, but also at other levels of education, if required.
Besides the NEO is a focal point in the country for all actors, potential applicants, beneficiaries and other stakeholders as regards EU cooperation activities in (higher) education under the Erasmus+ programme.
The mandate of the National Erasmus+ Offices under the Erasmus+ programme covers all supporting, promotion, monitoring and dissemination activities related to the Erasmus+ activities in higher education open to cooperation with Partner Countries (in Key Actions 1, 2 and 3).
The NEO Libya is aims to contributes to the following overall objectives:
- to improve the awareness, visibility, relevance, effectiveness and impact of the international components of the Erasmus+ programme and contribute to its promotion and dissemination in the NEO’s country.
- Promote and disseminate all information regarding those actions and activities open to the participation of the NEO’s country within the Erasmus+ programme: background, objectives, application procedures and calendars, eligibility rules, selection process, financial provisions, guidelines for the use of the grant, best practices, relevant contacts and websites, etc.
- Organise conferences, seminars, information days, and other actions and events to promote the Erasmus+ programme and to exploit its results. Draft reports and, where relevant, press-releases when organising or participating in events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Respect and disseminate the required visibility guidelines concerning acknowledgement of EU financing of Erasmus+ projects and activities.
Activities of the NEO in Libya are targeted at the following groups of stakeholders:
- All Erasmus+ beneficiaries and potential beneficiaries in the country (such as higher education institutions, staff and students, civil society, non-governmental organisations, enterprises, academic and professional associations, student associations, professional organisations, research institutions, vocational training institutions) and any other stakeholder eligible for participation in the Erasmus+ programm.
- National authorities, in particular those in charge of higher education and their affiliate bodies.
- Potential applicants, grant holders, beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the field of higher education in Erasmus+ Programme Countries, where possible.
In general, the NEO Libya is aimes also to maintains contacts with other NEOs, especially in the same region and with National Agencies in the Erasmus+ Programme Countries (in particular for partner search, exchange of good practices or organisation of joint events).L